Women suffering from PCOS symptoms such as acne, excess hair growth, infertility, irregular periods and weight gain can attain profound changes through PCOS natural treatment remedies.
PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a hormonal disorder in which fluid-filled cysts develop on the ovaries. If an ultrasound is taken, numerous immature ova can be spotted, which are mistakenly referred to as cysts, and the ovaries appear enlarged.
The way of treating PCOS has changed as our understanding of how this hormone disorder has improved over the past couple of years. The root causes of PCOS are addressed by the natural treatment remedies of this difficult condition. The use of diet plan, supplements, herbal and lifestyle changes have helped many women see positive results.
Following are 5 realistic PCOS natural treatment remedies that can help alleviate this disorder.
PCOS Natural Treatment Remedy 1: The Best Diet for PCOS
Stabilizing blood sugar levels through a balance diet, including whole foods, is the key to treating PCOS naturally. Sugary foods should be banished. Insulin Resistance Syndrome can develop overtime as a result of too many rapid spikes in blood sugar levels.
Insulin Resistance Syndrome is a condition in which the body is not able to effectively control blood sugar levels and weight gain. In women suffering from PCOS, it is an underlying problem. In Insulin Resistance Syndrome, the body is also not able to use carbohydrates for energy and starts storing them as fat.
In order to follow the best PCOS diet, the following basic tips should be considered.
- Low GI carbohydrates should be balanced with sufficient protein.
- Phytoestrogens should be included in diet.
- Intake of saturated fats should be reduced.
- Dairy products should be avoided or limited.
- Additives, food chemicals and preservatives should be avoided.
- Alcohol and caffeine should be avoided.
- Sugar should be avoided.
- 2 liters of filtered water should be consumed daily.
- Essential fatty acids should be included in diet.
PCOS Natural Treatment Remedy 2: Supplements and PCOS
Many women lack important minerals and vitamins for hormone health. A great imbalance between numerous minerals and vitamins are created when oral contraceptive pills are taken for the regulation of periods. The root cause of PCOS can be treating by correcting this imbalance.
For PCOS, supplements with the following ingredients should be considered:
- Amino acids N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) and L-arginine
- B Vitamins
- Co-enzyme Q10
- Diindolylmethane (DIM)
- Essential minerals
- Essential vitamins
PCOS Natural Treatment Remedy 3: Herbs and PCOS
PCOS can be effectively treated using herbs. The addition of supplements and making changes help with balancing blood sugar levels and controlling weight while the problems related to hormone imbalance are targeted by herbs.
The following herbs should be considered:
- Chaste tree (Vitex Agnus castus): The function of the pituitary gland is stimulated and normalized by this herb to help treat infertility and PCOS.
- Peony and Licorice: The combination of these herbs can help regulate hormones like oestrogen and prolactin, improves LH to FSH ratio and reduces elevated levels of androgens like testosterone.
- Maca is an herb that can help cure PCOS symptoms like acne, hirsutism, irregular menstrual cycles and also insulin resistance.
- Gymnema is an herb that can help reduce sugar and carbohydrate cravings
- Tribulus is an herb that helps regulate ovulation and restore menstrual regularity.
- Blue Cohosh is an herb that acts as a pelvic anti-inflammatory and an ovarian and uterine tonic.
PCOS Natural Treatment Remedy 4: Other Natural PCOS Treatments
- Congestion can be reduced with the help of lymphatic drainage. Exercise like rebounding, massage and skin brushing should be tried.
- For pain relief, linseed and castor oil packs should be tried.
- The most appropriate homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS can be obtained with a prescription from a naturopath or homeopath.
- Natural progesterone cream can be tried. The dose depends on the imbalances and symptoms.
- Acupuncture can also help treat PCOS. Some acupuncture points are used for breaking up stagnation, moving blood and stopping pain.
PCOS Natural Treatment Remedy 5: Exercise and PCOS
For women suffering from PCOS, fitness and insulin resistance can be improved by introducing a regular exercise program, and a healthy weight can also be maintained this way. Some exercises that can help treat PCOS and its symptoms include aerobics, cycling, Pilates, power-walking and swimming.
If you are suffering from PCOS, now is the time you empower yourself and try out these mentioned 5 realistic PCOS natural treatment remedies.
To know more about visit https://www.moolikaayurveda.com/pcos-symptoms-and-natural-remedies/